Female Genital Mutilation has been practiced for centuries and is still being practiced acrossed the world ( Europe, Asia, Africa, The Americas,)etc. Some ad hoc country specific and region specific research had been done by anti FGM organisations, UN Agencies, activists and journalists. Data available shows that 200 million girls and women alive today living in 30 countries have undergone FGM. No specific data on the death occured as a result of FGM available that what makes it more scary. 0-15 years is the average age of girls been cut.
As a man, father, human rights activist and founder of Network AID, i am hurt by unaswered questions related to FGM.
I will be greatful if answers are provided to these questions below:
- What the medical, physical, mental, economic and educational benefits of cutting the clictoris ?
- Is the Creator made mistake to a fix clictoris on female that other female desperate to remove it?
- Is clictoris a curse or a blessing to either sex?
- Is religion ordain the cutting of clictoris?
- What calamity does removing the clictoris prevent women and girls from?
- What harm clictoris poses to men?
- Is reforming (harm) tradition poses treat to existence?
As we commemorate zero tolerance to FGM today across the world. Network AID uses this to pay tributes to those lives lost to FGM and those battling to survive it due to it complications and stand with those who have survived and now calling for it to STOP.
Source: Network AID